The typical great helm was exceedingly protective, but also had a few drawbacks. This Crusader Helmet - Steel is an attempt to circumvent those shortcomings, featuring some classic elements with a few important revisions. Like its predecessor, this helm has a rounded crown and a flat top, effectively protecting the head and deflecting blows away from the face. Unlike the classic great helm, though, this helmet does not cover the entire back. This feature lightens the weight of the helmet, while also making it cooler to wear. A full steel mask with rectangular eyelets and air holes guards the face. The helmet features an internal liner, both for comfort and size adjustment. Crafted from 18-gauge steel, the helmet features a polished finish. If you want the traditional look of the crusader or knight, but seek a helmet that is a bit lighter and more comfortable to wear, then this Crusader Helmet – Steel is just the protection you are looking for.
To properly maintain your steel armour, always keep the metal pieces away from water and lightly oiled to prevent rusting. Occasionally clean the armour with metal polish and re-oil them. Leather care products must be used to maintain the leather fittings as well.
- Features a flat crown and a full face mask
- Possesses a polished steel finish
- Increased comfort via a padded liner
- Offers a great level of protection
- Crafted from 18 gauge mild steel
- Fittings fashioned from top-grain leather
- Inner padding made from foam
- Care Instructions- Keep away from water. Clean with a metal polish and re-oil occasionally to properly maintain the armour. Use Leather care products for the fittings.
- Medium: Fits a 23 to 26 Inch Head Circumference. Weighs 3.9 lbs.
- Large: Fits a 24 to 28 Inch Head Circumference. Weighs 4.2 lbs.