The general shaping of this helm is that of the classic Roman galea, but this Imperial Gallic Roman Helm also offers a few other touches, which make it something of a more unique piece, one that any soldier, legionary, or centurion would gladly wear. The design of the Imperial Gallic helm is alive and well in this recreation, featuring the rounded skull-cap with stylized eyebrows on the brow, as well as a short, flared back which offers a bit of protection to the neck when worn. The helmet is completely open on the sides, as well as at the face, to allow the warrior to see and hear with ease, while hinged cheek protectors offer some extra protection to the face when worn. This helmet also features little touches of detailing and decoration, such as brass disc accents, as well as a brass band about the base of the helm. It is based on an Imperial Gallic helm found in the River Rhine, near Weisenau-Mainz, in Germany. It is a fine, and highly traditional looking Roman helmet, and that makes this Imperial Gallic Roman Helm a solid choice when it comes to recreating the look of almost any Roman soldier, of any rank.
- Made from Quality 18 Gauge Steel
- Has a Great Looking, Gleaming Finish
- Possesses a Distinctive and Unique Imperial galea Design
- Modeled After a Historical Artifact
- An Impressive Display Piece or Collectors Item
- Perfect for Completing Authentic Roman Costumes
- One size fits most. Fits a Fits a 22 to 23 Inch Circumference.