The Bishops Mantle, or standard, is worn draped over the shoulders, named for the shoulder covering worn by clergy in the Middle Ages. The Knight Grade Mail Standard guards the upper chest and throat. This style of dome-head riveted mail with round rings is reasonably authentic to the early medieval period. This construction style has the advantage of strength, allowing it to be used for supervised weapons-contact re-enactment, while being more economical than wedge-riveted mail. This item is crafted from 16 gauge mild steel. Construction is in the 4 in 1 pattern.
A mail standard, like this one, is a square of mail, worn over the shoulders and about the neck. This particular model does not have fasteners, and so we recommend you have leather lacing or some other method of securing it so it remains in place while worn.
- Crafted from 16 gauge mild steel
- Uses 4 in 1 chainmail pattern
- Features 8 mm round rings
- Dome riveted construction
- Great for weapon re-enactments
- Made by GDFB
- Coat mail with a silicon or rust-preventative spray, such as WD-40
- Should be stored in a ventilated plastic tub in a warm, dry location
- Outer Edge Length: 32 Inches
- Inner Edge Length: 16 Inches
- Opening Width: 5 Inches