The usual Norman helm is similar to a spangenhelm, featuring a skull-cap and a nasal guard. That design is expanded on in this Masked Norman Helmet, though, featuring not a straight nasal guard, but instead, a full face mask for protection! In overall design, this helmet is a slightly more stylized version of the Norman helm, possessing a conical skull-cap design that, as in the original, helps to divert force away from the skull, shunting blows to the helm off to the sides. The brim of the helm is reinforced and accented by a series of pyramidal shapes around the edge, while the front of the helm possesses a full face mask, with deep round eyelets, that serves to protect the wearers face completely. The helmet itself is made entirely in 16 gauge steel, which is thick enough to serve well as a working helm in SCA reenactments and light combat events, as well as serving as an equally effective costume helm and LARP defense, too. The interior of the helmet possesses a liner as well, which helps to make it more comfortable when worn. More intensive and protective than the usual Norman helm, this Masked Normal Helmet is a cut above the rest, as well as a distinctive accent for any warrior to wear, one that will surely get them noticed in a crowd.
- A Variation on the Typical Norman Helmet
- Made from Fine 16 Gauge Mild Steel
- Has a Polished Metal Finish
- Features A Full Frontal Face Mask Protector
- A Great Armor Accent to Any Medieval Knight or Warrior Costume
- Stunning as a Display Item, Collectors Piece, or Gift
- One size fits most. Fits a 22 to 23 Inch Circumference.