The Merc Cuirass is a unique creation combining leather and steel. The main portion of the breastplate is made of 18 gauge steel and has a nice shiny, polished finish. The shoulder area of the breastplate and the entire backplate are made up of 7-8 ounce medium weight leather. The way this backplate is made makes the armour extremely adjustable. The straps are on the backplate and the buckles are on the breastplate. The backplate is extra-long, so it will easily adjust up to a 48 inches. Tuck the extra leather into the breastplate to adjust for sizes as small as 36 inches. There are small steel pegs along the fauld of the breastplate. These are intended for attaching the matching Merc Tassets, which are sold separately. Available with black or brown leather, so you are able to match this item with your existing leather armour pieces.
Please be aware that these items are handmade. Slight deviations in pattern, color, and shape may occur.
To properly maintain your steel armour, always keep the metal pieces away from water and lightly oiled to prevent rusting. Occasionally clean the armour with metal polish and re-oil them. Leather care products must be used to maintain the leather fittings as well.
- Possesses a polished steel finish
- Handmade and skillfully welded for increased durability
- Designed with rolled edges for improved safety
- Customized fit with adjustable buckle straps
- Perfect for LARP and other roleplay events
- Made from 18 gauge mild steel
- Fittings made from top-grain leather
- Care Instructions- Keep away from water. Clean with a metal polish and re-oil occasionally to properly maintain the armour. Use leather-care products for the fittings.
- Chest and Waist: 36 Inches to 48 Inches
- Length: 24 Inches