The Titanium Mail Standard provides added protection for the upper chest and throat. A standard, also known as a Bishops Mantle after the covering that was worn my medieval clergy, drapes over the shoulders. This style of dome-head riveted mail with flat rings is reasonably authentic to the early medieval period. This construction style has the advantage of strength, allowing it to be used for supervised weapons-contact re-enactment, while being more economical than wedge-riveted mail. Construction is in the 4 in 1 pattern. Titanium has all of the weight advantages of aluminum with the strength of steel, making it the best of both options!
A mail standard, like this one, is a square of mail, worn over the shoulders and about the neck. This particular model does not have fasteners, and so we recommend you have leather lacing or some other method of securing it so it remains in place while worn.
- Crafted from titanium
- Uses 4 in 1 chainmail pattern
- Features 9 mm flat rings
- Dome riveted construction
- Great for weapon re-enactments
- Made by GDFB
- Coat mail with a silicon or rust-preventative spray, such as WD-40
- Should be stored in a ventilated plastic tub in a warm, dry location
- Outer Edge Length: 32 Inches
- Inner Edge Length: 16 Inches
- Opening Width: 5 Inches