Like the ancient helmets discovered in Norway, the Viking Helmet with Aventail has an eye-catching, pointed face guard with almond eye holes. Chainmail attached to the bottom of the helmet, called an aventail, protects the neck. This historical Viking helmet is made of 16 gauge steel. Rivets accent the crossed strips that give the rounded helm structure. Inside, this Norse helmet has an adjustable, padded cotton liner and leather straps that secure it in place under the chin. Look just like a Viking warrior of eras past when you wear this polished steel helmet to your next reenactment event, Renaissance faire, or other costuming occasion.
As this item is crafted by hand, slight variations in color and detail may occur.
- Has attached chainmail aventail
- Pointed face guard has almond eye holes
- Round cap has riveted strips for structure
- Has adjustable, padded inner lining
- Secures under chin with leather strap
- Features a polished finish
- Great for creating a Viking warrior look
- Made from 16 gauge steel
- Lining is cotton canvas with wool felt filling
- Front Height: 12 Inches
- Back Height: 6 Inches
- Nose Length: 8 Inches
- Nose Width: 10.5 Inches
- Inner Circumference: 26 Inches
- Inner Width: 8.5 Inches
Measurements are approximate.