Based on the Kegelhelm of medieval Asia and Europe, the Arlan Steel Helmet features a rounded dome shape that comes to a central point and ends in a horse hair crest. An attached aventail adds further coverage to the historic design. This helmet style was one of the forerunners of the Greek Illyrian helmet, and has the appearance of being several metal plates riveted together to form its rounded shape. Great for themed costume events and LARP, this steel helmet features additional coverage via its attached chainmail aventail, which extends over the neck of the wearer. Ideal for characters from the early medieval era, we suggest wearing a padded arming cap underneath the Arlan Steel Helmet for added comfort and safety.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
- Based on helmet style popular in medieval Asia and Europe
- Pointed dome cap features horse hair crest
- Helmet features attached chainmail aventail
- Chainmail covers neck and shoulders of most wearers
- Great for LARP or costume use
- One Size Fits Most Adults and Older Teens
- Circumference: 25.6 Inches
Measurements are approximate.