From chivalrous knights to scheming mercenaries, skilled warriors of all kinds ought to have good chainmail armour at the ready. The Berengar Long Sleeve Blackened Chainmail Hauberk is designed with a fit similar to a mens XX-Large. Made of steel rings woven in a traditional 4-in-1 pattern, this medieval-inspired hauberk sports full length sleeves and extends down to mid-thigh length on most wearers. Its dark coloration is created through an acidic treatment that also helps protect it from rust, though regular upkeep is required to maintain its quality. Wear this hauberk over a padded gambeson, like the one shown, for best safety and comfort, and belting the waist will help distribute its weight. Suitable for a wide variety of historical and fantasy characters, incorporate the Berengar Long Sleeve Blackened Chainmail Hauberk into your armoured outfit for a fantastically armoured look at your next LARP gathering or other costumed event.
Care Instructions - This chainmail armour is pre-coated in oil before shipment. Occasional oiling is necessary for maintenance. When storing your chainmail armour, protect it from oxidation by coating with machine oil.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
- Intended to fit like a mens size XX-Large
- Chainmail shirt features long sleeve construction
- Length covers down to mid-thigh on most wearers
- Features 9 mm diameter rings made of 1mm thick wire
- Rings woven in a traditional 4-in-1 pattern
- Acidic treatment guards against rust and creates coloration
- Best comfort and safety when worn over a padded gambeson
- Great for LARP or costume use
- Chest: 43.3-57.1 Inches
- Length: 33.5 Inches
Measurements are approximate.