Designed for wicked warriors who are slight but fierce, the David Blackened Chainmail Hauberk will transform its wearer into a roguish medieval or fantasy knight. This mail shirt is sized for children or small teenagers and adults. Made of steel rings woven in a traditional 4-in-1 pattern, this short sleeve hauberk has been given an acidic treatment that gives it a distinctive dark coloring and protects against rust. For best comfort and safety, wear this medieval chainmail shirt over a padded gambeson. The short sleeves make it great for layering, and it coordinates well with steel and leather armour pieces as well as other chainmail armour. If your next medieval-inspired outfit calls for a comprehensive armored look, the David Blackened Chainmail Hauberk will add a unique touch to your knightly ensemble.
Care Instructions - This chainmail armour is pre-coated in oil before shipment. Occasional oiling is necessary for maintenance. When storing your chainmail armour, protect it from oxidation by coating with machine oil.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
- Designed to fit children and small adults
- Chainmail shirt features short sleeve construction
- Features 9 mm diameter rings made of 1mm thick wire
- Rings woven in a traditional 4-in-1 pattern
- Acidic treatment guards against rust and creates coloration
- Best comfort and safety when worn over a padded gambeson
- Great for LARP or costume use
- Chest: 27.6-41 Inches
- Length: 23.6 Inches
Measurements are approximate.