This English Knights Tournament Close Helm is based on the style of helmet that became popular during the end of the medieval era, as well as during the early renaissance era, thanks to the comprehensive amount of protection that the helmet provided. Compared to the sallets and barbutes of the eras prior, this helmet was a marked change, ensuring that the head and neck were fully covered. Based on a tournament design and similar to an armet, this helmet offered a clear, commanding view of the field. It features an attached gorget for added neck and collar protection, as well as a central ridge to reinforce the skull. The rotating visor also features small holes punched into the metal, to help with ventilation and breathing. The helmet is offered in one size, and it can be ordered in either 16 gauge or 14 gauge steel (16 gauge is more suitable for light reenactment, LARPing, and some SCA, while 14 gauge steel is hardier and made more for combat). The helmet has a blackened interior and is unlined but comes with a cotton arming cap. With this helm, you will look every inch a knight in shining armor, ready to win the tourney and fair maidens heart.
- An Iconic Medieval Era Helmet Design
- Offered in Either 16 Gauge or 14 Gauge Steel
- Features a Steel Face Plate for Solid Frontal Protection
- Offers Great Protection to the Head and Neck
- Ideal for Costuming, as well as For Combat, SCA Events, and Reenactment
- Includes a cotton arming cap
- Perfect for Medieval Knights and Warriors
- Also a Great Display Piece and Collectible
- Made entirely in fine steel
- One size fits most. Fits a 22 to 23 Inch Circumference.
- Front to Back: 7 Inches
- Side to Side: 6.5 Inches
- Circumference at Forehead: 26 Inches
- Weight: 9 lbs. 10 oz.