Called upon to defend your realm, you place the Richard Blackened Chainmail Coif over your padded arming cap and prepare for the battle of your life. This steel chainmail coif has been chemically treated for its darkened look. This treatment also helps protect the armour from rusting, though occasional oiling is required to maintain its quality. Covering the head, neck, and shoulders, the steel rings that make up this chainmail coif are woven together in a traditional 4-in-1 pattern. A wide opening at the front leaves the face uncovered for unobstructed vision and ventilation. Whether worn as the top piece of your armour costume or underneath a helmet, this blackened steel coif adds a comprehensive coverage to your medieval outfit and an additional level of head protection to LARP ensembles.
Care Instructions - This chainmail armour is pre-coated in oil before shipment. Occasional oiling is necessary for maintenance. When storing your chainmail armour, protect it from oxidation by coating with machine oil.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
- Coif covers head, neck, shoulders, and sides of face
- Made of 1.6mm rings with 9mm inner diameter
- Rings are woven in a traditional 4-in-1 pattern
- Acidic treatment guards against rust and creates coloration
- Best comfort and safety when worn over a padded arming cap
- Great for LARP or costume use
- One Size Fits Most Adults and Older Teens