For characters ranging from nefarious knights to noble warriors, the Richard Blackened Chainmail Hauberk provides phenomenal protection and coverage. Traditionally woven steel rings make up its long sleeved, knee length style. This chainmail tunic has been given an acidic treatment that helps protect its steel rings from rusting and creates its distinct, dark metal look. Wear it over a padded gambeson, as shown, for best comfort and safety. An essential asset to many heavy armour looks, this medieval hauberk suits a wide variety of personas and works great for costume events and LARP gatherings. The belt shown is not included, but wearing a belt can help redistribute the weight of this heavy chainmail piece. When suiting up for your next medieval or fantasy adventure, the Richard Blackened Chainmail Hauberk grants both style and defense to your armoured warrior ensemble.
Care Instructions - This chainmail armour is pre-coated in oil before shipment. Occasional oiling is necessary for maintenance. When storing your chainmail armour, protect it from oxidation by coating with machine oil.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
- Made of 1.6mm thick steel rings with a 9mm inner diameter
- Rings are woven in a traditional 4-in-1 pattern
- Acidic treatment guards against rust and creates coloration
- Long sleeve hauberk reaches knees on most wearers
- Rings in armpit area are fully riveted for added durability
- Best comfort and safety when worn over a padded gambeson
- Great for LARP or costume use
- Chest: 35.4-49.2 Inches
- Length: 33.5 Inches
- Sleeve Length: 26 Inches
Measurements are approximate.