Head protection is a vital component of any good armoured outfit, so strengthen your defense with the Richard Oiled Chainmail Coif. This steel chainmail hood protects the head, neck, and shoulders while leaving the face unobstructed. Made of steel rings woven together in a traditional 4-in-1 pattern, this steel coif is not treated with chemicals but is coated in oil to help fight rust. Wear it over a padded arming cap for best comfort and protection, whether it tops off your knightly suit of armour or further protects your head under a medieval helmet. For medieval and fantasy characters requiring a comprehensive and fully defended look, wear the Richard Oiled Chainmail Coif to your next costume-worthy event or LARP activity.
Care Instructions - This chainmail armour is pre-coated in oil before shipment. Occasional oiling is necessary for maintenance. When storing your chainmail armour, protect it from oxidation by coating with machine oil.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
- Coif covers head, neck, shoulders, and sides of face
- Made of 1.6mm rings with 9mm inner diameter
- Rings are woven in a traditional 4-in-1 pattern
- Best comfort and safety when worn over a padded arming cap
- Great for LARP or costume use
- Head Circumference - 18 Inches
- Face Opening Height - 4.5 Inches
- Face Opening Width - 6 Inches