No matter the state of the kingdom, you feel protected when you wear the Richard Steel Chainmail Hauberk over your gambeson. This chainmail tunic offers comprehensive protection with its long sleeve style and knee-reaching length. Made up of a multitude of traditionally woven steel rings that have been galvanized with zinc for a shiny look and resistance to rust, this medieval hauberk will transform you into a medieval warrior or fantasy fighter at your next LARP event or costume occasion. The armpits of this hauberk are fully riveted for additional durability. Be sure to wear a padded gambeson underneath the steel chainmail armour, as shown, for safety and comfort. The belt shown at the waist is sold separately, and can be worn to help redistribute the weight of the chainmail for more comfortable wear.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
- Made of 1.6mm thick steel rings with a 9mm inner diameter
- Round rings are woven in a traditional 4-in-1 pattern
- Galvanized with zinc for shiny look and rust protection
- Long sleeve hauberk reaches knees on most wearers
- Rings in armpit area are fully riveted for added durability
- Best comfort and safety when worn over a padded gambeson
- Great for LARP or costume use
- Chest: 35.4-49.2 Inches
- Length: 33.5 Inches
- Sleeve Length: 26 Inches
Measurements are approximate.