You proudly ride towards the battlefield as part of the cavalry, your head protected by the Sigismund Steel Burgonet Helmet. This handmade steel helmet is based on a style worn by mounted and armoured fighters during the Renaissance. The round skull of this steel helm is accentuated by its characteristic high crest and fixed front brim. Hinged cheek flaps help protect the sides of the face, embellished with a floral design and punched cut-outs to help with hearing. The bottom back edge of this historic helmet extends a bit past the head, covering the back of the neck. Secured in the front with a leather strap, this helmet adds distinction to any Renaissance era soldiers look. A fantastic asset to knight costumes or LARP outfits, the Sigismund Steel Burgonet Helmet has a cotton covered foam inner lining, but we recommend wearing it over a padded arming cap for proper safety and comfort.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
- Based on Renaissance era helmet style
- Rounded skull features high crest and fixed front brim
- Hinged cheek flaps protect side of face
- Flower design and round cut-outs adorn cheek flaps
- Helmet features cotton covered foam inner lining
- Leather strap secures helmet in front
- Great for LARP or costume use
- Helmet made of 18 gauge steel
- One Size Fits Most Adults and Older Teens
- Circumference: 24.4 Inches
Measurements are approximate.