Helmets like the Thorsten Darkened Spangenhelm grew in popular from the Late Antiquity into the Early Middle Ages. Fashioned from four or more strips of metal, or Spangen, these helms were simple to produce and effective in battle. Handcrafted from 16 gauge steel, this Spangenhelm increases your defense during LARP or light training. It follows the classic conical shape with rivets lining the headband as well as the center bands that crisscross over the dome. The darkened finish is due to an electrochemical treatment, which aids in rust resistance.
Please be aware that this armour is handmade, and it can be thicker than listed here. As such, it is intended mainly for costuming, light reenactment, and LARP.
- Based on the 6th century Spangenhelm
- Darkened with an electrochemical treatment
- Fashioned from riveted strips of metal
- Perfect for the role of Viking raider
- Strengthens your defense for LARP
- Crafted from 16 gauge steel
- Small Circumference: 22 - 22.8 Inches
- Large Circumference: 23.2 - 24.4 Inches
Measurements are approximate.